When buying a property and relocating, many people are concerned about schools for their children. You needn’t worry in Marbella! Malaga is on the 3d place after Madrid and Barcelona when it comes to quality of education, with 7 best international schools located in Marbella area!
Today it’s important to have a truly international way of thinking, speak languages, understand the mindset of other nationalities and cultures. Thanks to Marbella’s international community, we have excellent schools with multinational interaction, for all ages and backgrounds. Apply for a school place in advance.
Many schools do their best to incorporate more Spanish or English. Besides, in cosmopolitan Marbella your kids will be bilingual anyway, especially if you put little effort into it (TV, books, extra lessons, friends, Au pair).
Spanish Education is good, therefore popular with Spanish and foreign residents:
- Guarderias Private & Municipal (Private and State Nurseries).
- Colegio Primaria (Primary School, 3-11 years).
- Institutos (Secondary School, 12-18 years).
- Universidad Privados y Publicos (Universities, Private and Public).
International or country-specific private schools (mostly 3-18 years, many offer daily bus service):
- International schools:
Swans International (Sierra Blanca, Marbella) with primary and secondary education following British National curriculum and statutory Spanish curriculum, French, Mandarin Chinese and German (voluntary); Aloha College (Nueva Andalucia) delivers a British-style education and offers education in Spanish, enabling students to gain qualifications from both examination systems; Laude San Pedro International with complete British education and Spanish ‘Bachillerato’ (2-18); Calpe School (San Pedro) with British and Spanish curriculums (2-9), St. George’s (San Pedro, 2-8); British International School of Marbella, Atalaya Colegio Bilingue; Benalmadena International College; Benalmadena British College, Colegio International Torrequebrada; Sunny View School (Torremolinos), St. Anthony’s College (Fuengirola), International School Estepona (2-12) and Mayfair International Academy (Atalaya Park, Estepona), all follow British International curriculum.
Private education centre Emerald Sixth Form (Estepona) offers an alternative to large mainstream schools.
- British with English National curriculum:
English International College with traditional, yet progressive environment; new small Queens British Grammar School (Cancelada, 4-16).
Colegio San José (famous all over Spain); La Latina; Colegio Alborán; Catholic bilingual Colegio Bilingüe Las Chapas (junior level for boys and girls, secondary exclusively girls, boys move to Ecos) and Colegio Ecos
- German: highly respected Juan Hoffmann Schule (Elviria), approved by German and Spanish authorities.
- Swedish: Svenska Skolan (Marbella and Fuengirola), subsidised by Swedish government.
- Norweigan: Den Norske Skolen (Benalmadena).
- Finnish: Escuela Finlandesa (Fuengirola).
- French: Lycée Français (Málaga).
- Montessori Education, chosen by prince William and Kate Middleton for their son, is represented in Marbella by Casa del Mar Montessori with Infant Community (18 months-3y.) and Children’s House (3-6), and San Pedro Montessori School (3 months-11y.), located in stunning villa once owned by Hollywood stars Audrey Hepburn and Mel Ferrer.
- Prestigious Boarding School System presents the most famous in Spain Sotogrande International School with British education and International Baccalaureate programme (3-18).
Universities in Marbella include the first American University in Andalucía, fantastic Design College, Schellhammer Business School, Les Roches School of Hotel Management, Marbella International University Centre providing education at BA and MA levels in media, communications, international relations and business. Well-respected Malaga University also welcomes foreign students.
Drumelia hopes this helps you with important decisions you have to make when settling on beautiful Costa del Sol.18/05/2018